October 16, 2014
We know it’s been a while, but Employee Spotlights are back! Meet Mason, our Operations Manager who started here 3 years ago as a retail employee in Hayes Valley.
1. Mason, tell us, what do you do at Marine Layer? Some call me mini Adam (COO, CFO, Team Dad)… Let’s just say the stores would fall apart without my operational genius but describing my job is not glamorous and potentially boring. Next.
2. You made a huge impact on our (old) website with your modeling debut. How did the experience affect you? That was definitely the peak of not only my Marine Layer career, but probably my life. I didn’t get recognized on the street as much as I thought I would but it did bring my scant amount of facial hair to light.
3. How would you describe your style? “Guy with no real style happens to work at clothing stores most of his adult life and just buys what he sells”? I guess I’ve upgraded in the last few years. No more wearing free t-shirts from various summer sports camps seven days a week.
4. We hear you’re a new father to Crash Daddy the French Bulldog. What have you learned from parenthood thus far? Apparently Frenchies have gas problems, or at least mine does. He’s first seat in the butt trumpet orchestra. No shame with that guy. Or in my answer. Surprisingly, women love a cute French Bulldog too. Who woulda thought?
5. Onto something more appetizing. Favorite restaurant in San Francisco? Does Chipotle count? I’m not as fancy as most of you foodies, so don’t expect me to say NOPA or State Bird Provisions. Let me tell you about this all you can eat sushi place in Daly City though….
6. How much do you bench? That’s a little personal, don’t ya think? At least buy me a drink first.
7. Biggest phobia? That no one will think this is funny…….. And being trapped in a meat locker. That’s a real thing.
8. What’s the weirdest, most surprising thing you can think of? A mustache is like an eyebrow for your mouth. OK, that’s random.. let’s move on to something that won’t scare the readers. 3 songs you’re listening to right now? I’m really into the 80′s-feeling, pop, synth dance tunes right now. Check these out:
Tennis- I’m Callin’
Chromeo- Over Your Shoulder
Childish Gambino- Pop Thieves
9. We know you were hoping we wouldn’t bring this up… but can you tell us about your experience bowling with the Marine Layer team? Oh c’monn.. Well, I had talked a big game all week but when the day finally came my bark was bigger than my… bowling skills. I can’t pinpoint what happened (Full moon? Bowling shoes two sizes too small?) but I bowled a 68. Haven’t been able to live it down here at the office but I’ve been practicing and I think I’m finally ready for a rematch.
Yeah, that’s a wrap.